Awaken the senses. But not all of 'em at once.

Giuliani Quinnipiacked several points ahead of Hillary Clinton yesterday (what are you people thinking?), so I escaped into a new Domino’s Cheesy Garlic Bread Pizza.

There are two things pizza needs, and chain pizzas haven’t enough of either. Grease and garlic. Unless you add an oil laden topping, this one’s as shine-free as the rest, but they gave it the ol’ college try with the garlic.

There are two kinds of garlic. Real garlic, and harsh, processed, tastes-like-burning, powdered garlic. Sadly, Domino’s has gone with B. My companion thought it was too garlicky. I just thought it was too artificial. Would likely be popular in Second Life Land, though. Wonder if Domino’s delivers there.

This ‘zah is a sans sauce selection, but you can add whatever toppings you like. Except maybe sauce. Nah. That would screw with their inspired vision of this pie. The interactive marketing campaign (do not watch this on the ganj) invites you to “taste the buttery crust, smell the garlic, look at all that cheese,” and as long as you follow those instructions to the letter, you’ll do fine. But try and taste something you’ve been told to merely smell or look at, and you’ll run into trouble. The cheese does come in loads of pretty colors, though, and the “buttery” was an appetizing shade of yellow. Too bad it’s not otherwise detectable.

It gets me plenty laughed at in NYC, but I’m actually a fan of Domino’s Brooklyn Style pizza. It ain’t Brooklyn style, but it’s good. The Cheesy Garlic Bread Pizza? Once was enough.

Yo, Domino’s! Grease up and call me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"grease up and call me." heh. did you really mean to say that?

Miss P-Pie said...

Last time I said it to someone, I ended up having to change my name.