Banana Twinkies!

Don’t get your panties in a bunch. I don’t have ‘em yet. The above photo comes compliments of X-Entertainment, and depicts last year’s tie-ins to the film King Kong. But something ‘nana this way comes.

The sponge tubes launched in the ‘30s using banana cream, and Hostess has had a few limited releases since then, but this time it’s apparently for keeps. Odd, considering just a few short years ago they threatened to yank the whole Twinkie line. Remember that? The bastids.

Anywayzzz. I predict Banana Crème Twinkies will contain no actual banana or banana byproducts, and will taste like tinted chemical. And I will love them to the tune of an inch more to my hips.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I'll have to look for those, thanks. Probably will be like you wrote though, with no actual banana residue, and won't compare to my homemade banana walnut bread. I still must try them.

Unknown said...

I got some! Have you? I had to go to five different grocery stores, finally found them 70 miles away! I was going to write a nasty letter to Hostess for not supplying their advertised products if I couldn't find them in Grand Rapids. Bought two boxes, at least one will be gone by the end of tonight. I was right; they're not nearly as good as my banana nut bread but still, they're banana twinkies and stuff. Yum. And they do contain about 2% actual banana http://www.chowhound.com/topics/416485

Miss P-Pie said...

2% actual banana!?! I shall re-energize my search.

Thanks for the weigh-in, Xatra.